Learn to Start or Enhance a Guitar/Ukulele Program at a Teaching Guitar Workshop!
Need to Pay with a Purchase Order? Just fill out the registration form and we’ll work with you to make it happen!
Registration closes 10 days prior to the start of the workshop
2019 Teaching Guitar Workshop – Level 1 – Beginner Course – Locations
- June 3 – 7: Gilbert, Arizona; Saratoga Springs, Utah
- June 10 – 14: Colorado Springs, Colorado; Fresno, California; Dothan, Alabama
- June 17–21: Cornelius, North Carolina; Boise, Idaho
- June 24 – 28: Chicago, Illinois, Reston, Virginia; Wichita, Kansas
- July 8 – 12: Mitchell, South Dakota; Syracuse, New York; Nazareth, Pennsylvania (Martin Guitar Factory); Lynnwood, Washington; Kelowna, British Columbia
- July 15 – 19: Nashville, Tennessee; Omaha, Nebraska; San Diego, California; Springfield, Missouri
- July 29 – August 2: Akron, Ohio; Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Brass Bell)
- Watch for more locations!
2019 Teaching Guitar Workshop – Level 2 Advanced Course – Locations
- June 10 – 14: Fresno, California
- June 17–21: Boise, Idaho
- June 24 – 28: Chicago, Illinois; Reston, Virginia
- July 8 – 12: Nazareth, Pennsylvania (Martin Guitar Factory)
- July 29 – August 2: Akron, Ohio
What will you learn at TGW Level 1 • Chord strumming w/ singing in various styles and keys • Beginning classical, finger-style, and pick-style right hand techniques • Improvisation w/ movable pentatonic scales • Note reading in 1st position • Basic theory including barre chords and power chords • Posture and hand positions • Classroom mgmt • Pacing
Level II Participants will learn • Advanced accompaniment techniques: finger-style and pick-style • Practical application of barre and power chords • Improvisation with major, minor, modal, and blues scales • Note reading in upper positions • Beginning jazz chord studies • Intermediate classical solo techniques
Refunds for TGW registration fees will be processed as follows:
Registration fees will be refunded, less a $50 admin fee, if requested more than 1 month before the start of the workshop. If a refund is requested less than 1 month prior to the workshop, but more than 24 hours prior, 50% of the initial registration fee will be refunded.
Emergencies will be handled on a case by case basis. Please contact the GAMA office to discuss: firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-233-9107 x205
$399 USD Includes:
- FREE GUITAR (for those who pre-register)*
- 40 Clock Hours
- Sheet Music, Method Books & Accessories Worth More Than $500!
- Optional Guitar at a Nominal Cost
- 5 Days of Instruction
- Certiﬁcate of Completion
- Alumni repeating the course take $80 oﬀ (Total $319)!
- Upgrade Option: for $170 Extra Get 3 Graduate Credits from VanderCook College of Music (Total $569)!
*Participants must register at least 30 days in advance of the workshop start date to receive a free guitar